Covering Letter Writing
According to Simplilearn*the average number of applicants for a single job is 118 and only 20% of those will be interviewed. No wonder that being able to write a good covering letter is now critical for success in the job/apprenticeship market.
A good covering letter helps a student to stand out from the crowd, and explains why the employer should choose them above all the other applicants.
* (Job Interview Statistics and Trends for 2023, 4 Nov 2022)
Lots of people TALK about the qualities of a good Covering Letter, but students leave our workshop HAVING WRITTEN A FIRST DRAFT of their individual covering letter for apprenticeships/employment AND with an action plan to enhance it further. The process/techniques learnt can also be used for any future covering letters.
Our Covering Letter Workshop:
• Can be run for a large number of students at one time.
• Makes an excellent fast start to the application process - tutors typically have
a first draft of the covering letter by the end of the same day.
• Enables tutors and subject staff to spend more time fine-tuning rather than
in the creation of a covering letter.
• Reduces stress and anxiety for students given they know the covering letter
is critical for their future.
• Allows students to focus more on their studies, avoiding potential distraction
and loss of concentration in lessons.
• Helps generate even higher quality covering letters which achieve results and
gain competitive advantage.
Please just get in touch to chat through your particular needs.